Heel pain is one of the most common problems patients come to us for—and if you need heel pain treatment, you shouldn’t hesitate to get treatment, you should visit Nassau County's best podiatrist as soon as possible.
While heel pain seems like a simple symptom on the surface, it can come from a wide range of different sources. The best and most effective treatment recommendations are made only when we can expertly evaluate the situation and get to the root of the problem.
Perhaps a lot of standing and walking around as you go about your day is causing you to develop plantar fasciitis, or your workout routine is overloading your Achilles and causing tendinitis. Whatever the source (or sources) of your heel pain may be, our Nassau County podiatrist has the experience and the tools—both traditional methods and advanced technologies—to help you find relief.
Traditional Heel Pain Treatments
“Traditional” does not mean “folksy.” These are heel pain treatment methods that have stood the test of time because of how often they are effective.
Depending on the circumstances surrounding your pain, our Nassau County podiatrist might recommend one or more of the following as part of a treatment plan:
- The use of custom orthotics specially prescribed inserts that can provide cushioning and corrective support for areas of your foot that experience too much stress or strain.
- More supportive footwear.
- Changes to your activity frequency or intensity.
- Stretches and exercises to condition and strengthen your soft tissues (also often effective at pain relief as well).
- The use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications (e.g. ibuprofen, naproxen sodium)
- Rest and icing of the area.
In several cases, traditional treatments such as these are fully effective at relieving heel pain. In other cases, we may consider more advanced options.
Advanced Heel Pain Treatments
Using traditional methods of care does not mean we don’t also seek out others as well. At Massapequa Podiatry Associates, our Nassau County podiatrist is committed to staying up-to-date with new and advanced podiatric tools and techniques. This means we have an even wider range of tools to best meet the needs of our patients!
When it comes to heel pain treatment, some of the advanced treatments we provide include:
- Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT) – One of the most effective modern treatment options for soft tissue-related heel pain is ESWT. Powerful acoustic waves are directed at the site of injury, where they stimulate and accelerate natural healing processes. Additional benefits include reduced inflammation and increased blood flow, further contributing to faster recovery.
- Tenex® – This treatment consists of a thin, needle-like apparatus inserted into an injury site via a tiny incision, which then vibrates at an ultrasonic frequency. The incredibly fast vibrations safely break down and remove damaged tissue, allowing new, healthy tissue to take its place.
- Amniotic Tissue Matrix – This “relative” of stem cell therapy uses an injectable material safely and ethically derived from amniotic tissues. Rich in growth factors, the treatment boosts your body’s natural healing processes and leads to quicker recovery.
Although advanced treatments may be new, they will not always be the ideal form of treatment for every cause of heel pain. If a traditional treatment may be more effective, our Nassau County podiatrist will very likely recommend it first.
Don’t Delay Care: Visit Nassau County's Best Podiatrist Today!
Dr. Corey Fox and Dr. Justin LoBello have helped many patients overcome their heel pain with decades of combined experience, and they can do the same for you!
There’s no reason to keep suffering, and the earlier you seek help, the more likely that conservative treatments will quickly get you back to living an active, pain-free lifestyle.
Schedule an appointment at our Massapequa office by calling 516-541-9000 today. You can also request an appointment online with our Nassau County podiatrist by filling out our online contact form.